Introduction to Blackpool International Airport
Blackpool Airport Limited closed for commercial passenger operations in October 2014. However, a new operating company, Squires Gate Airport Operations Ltd has been formed and the airfield reopened as a licensed aerodrome in December 2014.
The following operations continue at the airfield;
- Offshore helicopters to the gas platforms in the Liverpool and Morecambe Bays as well as to wind farms in the Irish Sea.
- The North West Air Ambulance
- Corporate and Executive Aviation
- General aviation and private operators
- A variety of fixed wing and helicopter flying schools
- Handling agents,...
This ‘start up aid’ will be made available from the Regional Air Connectivity Fund which was announced by the UK government in June 2013 and is...
- Blackpool Airport Closes its Doors
- Jet2 Adds Blackpool – Reus Service from late-May 2015
- ROUTES EUROPE: Jet2 Adds Reus Link from Blackpool
- WORLD ROUTES: Jet2.com Introduces Fifth Aircraft at Glasgow and East Midlands
- Jet2.com Rolls Out Additional 5 New Routes in S14
- Jet2 Expands Lanzarote and Tenerife Service in Winter 2013