About The Airport
Chicago Rockford International Airport (KRFD) is an international grade airport 56 nautical miles northwest of Chicago O'Hare. RFD is served by two airlines: Allegiant and Apple Vacations. RFD serves eight non-stop destinations including Cancun, Ft. Myers, Jamaica, Las Vegas, Orlando, Phoenix, Punta Cana and Tampa Bay. The airport is a U.S. Customs Port.
Recently named the fastest-growing cargo airport in the world, RFD is the second-largest hub in North America for UPS, is also served by ABX, ATI, Atlas cargo airlines and Amazon Prime and has a 10,002 ft primary runway with a CAT III ILS.
The airport has an international arrival gate, international rubbish capability and 24/7/365 Air Traffic Control Tower
RFD has a 90-minute population base of 8.4 million passengers and currently provides non-stop flights to eight non-stop destinations. Allegiant and Apple Vacations are celebrating multi-year successes from RFD.
Contact Ken Ryan at Kryan@flyrfd.com
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: UPS, Allegiant, ABX, Ati, Atlas Air, Prime Air
- Number of Serving Airlines: 6
- Number of Direct Destinations: 8
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,049
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): Over 200,000 in 2018
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 2,200,000
- Ownership: Greater Rockford Airport Authority
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Total Catchment Population: 8,400,000 (90min) 13,200,000 (120min)
- Urban Population: 310,000
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 8 Passenger - 50 Cargo