About The Airport
Sofia is the capital airport of Bulgaria connected by year-round direct routes with the leading European cities and intercontinental hubs as well as destinations in the Middle East.
Sofia Airport is the leading international airport in Bulgaria, the only one with developed network of routes to 83 destinations - 26 of them with daily frequencies. This expands Sofia Airport's catchment area to about 16 million population.
The vibrant city center is just 12 km away from Sofia Airport, easily accessible by car, taxi, or public transport. The underground line ensures quick and cheap intermodal links between the airport and the central Railway and Bus stations.
Sofia Airport offers a modern infrastructure and technologies in line with the latest industry trends.
Sofia Airport is Customer and Environment friendly airport certified by ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004.
Carriers at Sofia Airprot can make their choice among the licensed Ground Handling and aircraft refueling suppliers.
Sofia Airport Ground Handling offers:
Station Management (Flight Ops assistance; Irregularities support; Liaison with local authorities; Weight and balance; Station Control; File records)
Passenger Services (Passenger registration; VIP assistance; Ticketing Services; Lounge Services; Self Service Kiosk; Lost and Found; Meet, great and assist; Dedicated staff)
Ramp Services (GSE service; TRC coordination; De-icing / Anti-icing; Executive Aviation; Fueling/ Refueling; Baggage handling)
Cargo Services (Document handling; Special cargo; Warehousing; Freighter Ramp Services; Customer Service; Direct access to airside)
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Bulgaria Air (FB), Wizz Air (W6), Ryanair (FR), Lufthansa (LH), Austrian Airlines (OS)
- Number of Serving Airlines: 37
- Number of Direct Destinations: 83
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3 600 m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6.9 million (2018)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 22 251 (2018)
- Ownership: 100% Government owned
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7 (scheduled flights restricted between 23:00-06:00 LT)
- Total Catchment Population: 16 million
- Urban Population: 1.4 million
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 31