About The Airport
Adelaide Airport, host of World Routes 2019 and South Australia’s prime gateway, has regularly recorded Australia’s highest international passenger growth over the past decade. Innovative ‘common use’ facilities allow fast, efficient movement from check-in to gate for passengers and provide valuable flexibility for airlines.
Visitors are attracted to Adelaide and South Australia’s cosmopolitan lifestyle featuring world class food and wine, as well as its rugged natural beauty and abundant wildlife.
Adelaide Airport, host of World Routes 2019, is South Australia’s prime gateway. In recent years it has regularly topped Australia’s airports for fastest growing international passenger numbers.
Adelaide is well known for its safe and friendly environment, ease of access both within the city and to nearby tourism regions, and strong cultural experiences.
Adelaide Airport’s vision is to be a top tier Airport Business Centre in Asia Pacific, recognised for delivering exceptional outcomes to our customers, partners, shareholders and community. Its developing Airport Business District will be a globally connected, next generation hub with designated industry clusters – where employment opportunities and the environment get top priority in an easy, connected and seamless manner.
Current infrastructure projects include a new hotel to open in late 2018, and a planned terminal expansion.
To find out more about World Routes 2019, click here.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Qantas and Virgin Australia
- Number of Serving Airlines: 17
- Number of Direct Destinations: 8
- Number of Terminals: 1 (domestic and international)
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,100m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 8 million
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 2.6 million
- Ownership: Adelaide Airport Limited
- Operational Opening Hours: 4.00am to 11.00pm, • Curfew: 11.00pm – 6.00am