About The Airport
The Rafael Núñez is located in Cartagena de Indias (Colombia), declared World Heritage City by UNESCO in 1984. In 2007 its military architecture was pronounced as the Fourth Wonder of Colombia. The city is the main gateway to the Colombian Caribbean.
About the Airport:
- Is the 4th largest in Colombia. It handles commercial, general and leisure aviation.
- Operated by SACSA, who has partnered with AENA, the Spanish Airport Operator
- Modern facilities with a capacity of 4.5 million passengers/year
- IATA Level of Service: C, High Comfort
- The Rafael Núñez implements a successful Safety Management System (SMS)
- High security levels, recognized by the TSA (Transportation Security Administration, United States)
- Open skies as of 2011
- Operation at sea level: higher performance aircraft
- Weather conditions: favorable throughout the year
- A Flight Plan (FPL) is required to use its facilities
- It offers competitive airport charges
- Located within the urban area of Cartagena de Indias, allowing easy access from anywhere in the city
AIP Rafael Núñez International Airport: http://www.aerocivil.gov.co/AIS/AIP/AIP%20Generalidades/Aerodromos/17%20SKCG.pdf
Since 1996, the...