Introduction to Catania Airport
Catania Fontanarossa Airport serves a wide catchment area with a total population of more than 3 million in the 7 provinces of central and eastern Sicily. In the last 10 years the growth rate for Catania Airport has been well above average. Catania Airport is the 5th busiest italian airport. In 2016 the number of passengers was 7.914.117 (+11,4%).
The ULCC has postponed the launch of its first base in Russia, blaming ongoing COVID-19 travel restrictions in Europe.
- Wizz Air UK W20 New routes summary as of 13SEP20
- Wizz Air S21 New routes summary as of 13SEP20
- Wizz Air 4Q20 New routes summary as of 13SEP20
- Wizz Air adds domestic routes from Milan in Oct 2020
- Wizz Air makes Catania its 36th base with two Airbus A321s
- Recovery Tracker: Corendon, Wizz, Norwegian and more