Introduction to Catania Airport
Catania Fontanarossa Airport serves a wide catchment area with a total population of more than 3 million in the 7 provinces of central and eastern Sicily. In the last 10 years the growth rate for Catania Airport has been well above average. Catania Airport is the 5th busiest italian airport. In 2016 the number of passengers was 7.914.117 (+11,4%).
The fast-growing Hungarian ULCC plans to open a new base in Oslo and enter Norway’s domestic market on three high-density routes.
- Ryanair expands Italian domestic presence, threatens Irish base closures
- Blue Air expands Turin network in Sep 2020
- Wizz delays launch of St Petersburg base
- Wizz Air UK W20 New routes summary as of 13SEP20
- Wizz Air S21 New routes summary as of 13SEP20
- Wizz Air 4Q20 New routes summary as of 13SEP20