Introduction to Kilimanjaro International Airport
Kilimanjaro International Airport, covering close to 110sq.km was officially inaugurated in December 1971 and was designated as "The Gateway to Africa's Wildlife Heritage"
The airport became the first international airport to be privatized in Africa in 1998 and is now operated by Kilimanjaro Airports Development Company (KADCO), a company fully owned by The Government of Tanzania.
The airport is strategically situated between two regions of Kilimanjaro and Arusha in Northern Tanzania. Arusha and Kilimanjaro are considered ideal regions for tourism, investment opportunities...
To date, passenger traffic between the major cities of Dar es Salaam and Nairobi, which have a combined population of over eight million people,...
- Kilimanjaro International Airport renovation commences.
- Dubai International Airport Wins Inaugural Routes Middle East & Africa Marketing Award
- Qatar Airways Adds Zanzibar to African Network
- WORLD ROUTES: flydubai Expands East African Route Map
- PRESS RELEASE: Routes Africa Marketing Awards Winners Announced
- ROUTES AFRICA: Kilimanjaro Airport Retains Routes Africa Marketing Crown