Introduction to Miami International Airport (MIA)
Miami International Airport is the #2 gateway to the United States and largest gateway to Latin America and the Caribbean. MIA is the leading international freight airport in the U.S. and in the world's top 10. MIA handles over 69% of international traffic in the state of Florida.
MIA welcomed over 40 million passengers in 2013, with international travelers accounting for 50% of total passenger traffic. Located on 3,230 acres of land near downtown Miami, MIA's terminal facilities have been expanded to more than seven million square feet featuring the new North and South Terminals.
The route restarts come after GOL and American Airlines were cleared to cooperate by Brazil’s antitrust regulators.
- Startup Canada Jetlines Plans Summer Launch
- Turkish Airlines Plans Istanbul-Seattle Route Launch
- Spirit Airlines To Add Atlanta, Miami Crew Bases
- Caribbean Airlines To Launch Guyana-Houston Route
- Airlines React To Airspace Closures
- Frontier To Serve Jamaica’s Capital