About The Airport
Quito, the capital of Ecuador, is a city that contrasts with harmony its historical and
cultural attractions with its constant growth and modern transformation, making
the city a great metropolis in which the only constant is the warmth of its people.
This unique characteristic has positioned Quito as a major touristic and business
destination in South America.
The Quito International Airport is the main gateway to Ecuador. It opened in 2013
as the only greenfield airport in Latin America and the Caribbean. Thanks to its
technical characteristics, the airport has allowed an important increase in connectivity
for Quito and the country, while offering more efficient operations for airlines and
enhanced services for passengers.
The new Quito airport offers greater operational flexibility and larger passenger and cargo facilities, including:
- Improved take off performance with more payload and fuel capacity
- Safer operations with lower landing approach minimums.
- Ability for larger airplanes to land in the 4,100 meter long runaway, at 2,140m asl.
- Fully compliant with ICAO standards with 24/7/365 operations.
- Only certified airport in Ecuador and one of the few in the LAC region.