Introduction to Aeroporto di Genova SpA
GOA Airport KEY FACTS
> High growth potential: #6 Italian city vs #21 Italian airport
> Ranked #1 among Italian airports in 2018 (+16,5% pax)
> 1.5 Ml pax in 2019 (+5,6% vs 2018)
> A brand new, fully supportive airport commercial strategy
> Supportive local authorities aiming at promoting the destination
> Terminal expansion (completion by 2023) - 20M euro investment.
> Direct rail connection (people mover) – 248M euro investment.
> We are moving fast: 2.3 billion euro investment on port and city
Major opportunities for incoming and outgoing traffic due to the lack of direct connections:
Six new routes are being launched from Albania’s capital, increasing the number of services offered by the airline to 27.
- Volotea adds 10 new Holidays-only service in Dec 2020
- Volotea adds more domestic connections
- Ryanair expands Italian domestic presence, threatens Irish base closures
- Ryanair schedules new domestic links from Naples from late-Oct 2020
- Volotea opens sixth base in Italy
- Volotea outlines post-COVID 19 network expansion in S20