Introduction to Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO)
JNTO is a statutory quasi-governmental agency tasked with promoting Japan as travel destination overseas under the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) of Japan.
JNTO was established in 1964 where the Tokyo Olympic Games were held originally to provide information to incoming foreign visitors to Japan.
Today, with its global network of 22 overseas offices, JNTO’s scope of work has expanded to market research, media relations, assistance to overseas travel agencies in developing tour products, promotion of MICE, operation of digital platforms,...
Certain Japanese regional airports lost their only international route during the pandemic.
- Shortlists revealed for the Routes Asia 2020 Awards
- Leading airports, destinations and suppliers to exhibit at Routes Asia 2019
- Shortlists announced for Routes Asia 2018 Marketing Awards
- Japan’s on track...and on budget
- Agreement opens Tokyo Haneda to new daytime Transpacific flights