Five stories you may have missed: Transatlantic investigation, WestJet, Singapore Airlines, JetBlue, Spirit and more
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly: investigation opens into transatlantic route agreement; WestJet confirms Calgary as home to initial Dreamliner hub; world’s longest non-stop flight takes off; JetBlue's sweeping network changes; Bulletin board and more.
12 October 2018 08:30
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly this week - subscribe here:
1. Competition investigation opens into transatlantic route agreement The UK’s competition regulator has launched an investigation into a transatlantic route agreement involving four oneworld alliance airlines. Read more.
2. WestJet confirms Calgary as home to initial Dreamliner hub Canada’s WestJet is to launch its first three Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner international destinations from Calgary, Alberta. Read more.
3. World’s longest non-stop flight takes off The Singapore Airlines flight between Singapore and New York covers a distance of more than 15,000 km. Read more.
4. JetBlue is making a series of changes to its network, including the launch of five new services and the addition of a destination in South America. But the low-cost airline is also cutting routes in some markets and ending operations from three airports. New South America route among JetBlue's sweeping network changes Read more.
5. Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up This week: Spirit prepares for Orlando expansion; new Aer Lingus CEO; $13bn plan unveiled for New York JFK; Corendon to open second Turkish base and more. Read more.
PLUS: Airline in focus: United Airlines Qantas and KLM to codeshare on Amsterdam route SAS grows summer network with six new destinations Airbus names successor to Enders as CEO Looking back at the Routes Americas 2018 Marketing Awards winners
Get our Routes Weekly newsletter!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter with route development news, features, interviews and more.
Download Tourism success through route development
How the Canary Islands tourist board have overseen the development of 252 new air routes into the islands since 2017.
Download Case Study
About The Author...
Online Editor - Aviation
David is responsible for providing insight to the Routesonline community through the latest breaking news, as well as regular features and analysis on developments and trends within the sector. He previously spent 11 years as a business journalist, which included five as the editor of an award-winning digital news team.