- Organisation Type:
- 1-4 Million
- +359 2 937 2392
Status update: “is attending Routes Europe 2013”
• The biggest airport in Bulgaria connected by year-round direct routes with the leading European cities and intercontinental hubs.
• Regional integrators' hub for the growing economics of South Eastern Europe.
• 4.4 million passengers per annum capacity
In 2011, Sofia Airport served 3.5 million pa.ssengers – 5.4 per cent more than in the previous record year.
The 3600 m long and 45 m wide runway is equipped with modern aeronautical facilities for landing at low visibility conditions as per ICAO Cat III A.
The Airport has two passenger terminals with combined capacity of 4.4 million passengers per annum. Terminal 1 accommodates the LCCs and some tourist charter operators while the new T2 opened at the end of 2006 provides modern service standards to the network and regional airlines.
For SA services please refer to the .doc file
- Number of Terminals:
- Urban population:
- 1.3 million
- Total Catchment Population:
- 16 million
- Number of Runways:
- Length of main runway (m):
- Operational Opening Hours:
- 24/7 (scheduled flights restricted between 23:00-06:00 LT)
- 100% Government owned
- Number of Direct Destinations:
- List of Top 5 airlines:
- Bulgaria Air (FB), Wizz Air (W6), Lufthansa (LH), Austrian Airlines (OS), eazyJet (EZY)
- Passenger Numbers (mppa):
- 3.5 million (2011)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.):
- 15,887 (2011)
- Number of Serving Airlines:
- Aircraft Parking Stands:
- Upcoming Key Routes
- Underserved Key Routes
- Unserved Key Routes