Umeå Airport is the seventh largest airport in Sweden, and is an important hub in the Norrland region. It's first flight took off in December 1961, but the airport was inaugurated in May 1962. Since then, the airport has continued to develop both in terms of its buildings and passenger numbers, but also due to the fact that many airlines have chosen to serve Umeå. Umeå Airport has a unique location due its proximity to the centre of Umeå. Over the years,...
- Length of main runway (m): 2,302 metres
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 1 048 000
After a record performance handling 24.7 million passengers in 2016, Swedavia has confirmed it will reduce airport charges at Sweden’s largest...
- Germania Adds Swedish Charters June – August 2016
- Finnair Adds Luleå / Umeå Operation from May 2015
- Malmö Aviation Adds Umeå – Amsterdam Route in Spring 2015
- SAS Adds Gothenburg – Luleå / Umeå Service Dec 2014 – Feb 2015
- Malmö Aviation Adds Umeå – Berlin Tegel Service in late-April/early-May 2014
- Lufthansa S13 Hamburg – Jonkoping / Umea Charter Schedules