Introduction to Virgin Australia
Australian based domestic and international full service carrier. The carrier has a 30% share of the Australian domestic market with over 3,000 flights a week, carrying 17 million domestic passengers a year to 42 domestic destinations. International network covers 15 international destinations that includes New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Indonesia, Hong Kong and the United States with over 350 flights per week and carrying over 2.5 million international passengers a year. Tigerair Australia is its domestic low cost subsidiary.
Flying the major routes would likely require narrowbody jet aircraft.
- COVID-19: Asia-Pacific market update (w/e April 19)
- Virgin Australia flights to continue during administration process
- Branson: Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia need government help
- COVID-19: Asia-Pacific market update (w/e March 22)
- Virgin Australia makes domestic cuts
- Virgin Australia unveils more cuts, but less affected than rivals