Introduction to Virgin Australia
Australian based domestic and international full service carrier. The carrier has a 30% share of the Australian domestic market with over 3,000 flights a week, carrying 17 million domestic passengers a year to 42 domestic destinations. International network covers 15 international destinations that includes New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Indonesia, Hong Kong and the United States with over 350 flights per week and carrying over 2.5 million international passengers a year. Tigerair Australia is its domestic low cost subsidiary.
The Australian carriers have been provisionally cleared to cooperate on more than 40 routes despite objections from REX.
- Australian regional Rex plans big growth on domestic routes
- Route Analysis: YYZ-DOH, SYD-LST, KWI-MCT
- Australia establishing travel bubble for routes from New Zealand
- Rex to Use Boeing 737-800s on Sydney-Melbourne route
- Australia regional Rex eyes expansion amid pandemic
- Delta continues LAX-Sydney route with Virgin Australia JV on hold