Introduction to Virgin Australia
Australian based domestic and international full service carrier. The carrier has a 30% share of the Australian domestic market with over 3,000 flights a week, carrying 17 million domestic passengers a year to 42 domestic destinations. International network covers 15 international destinations that includes New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Indonesia, Hong Kong and the United States with over 350 flights per week and carrying over 2.5 million international passengers a year. Tigerair Australia is its domestic low cost subsidiary.
Virgin Australia will focus on domestic and short-haul international flying for the time being.
- Qantas to plug regional gaps left by Virgin
- Virgin Australia scales back regional routes
- Virgin Australia week of 06SEP20 domestic operations as of 30AUG20
- Virgin Australia to drop widebody fleet, cut workforce
- Analysis: Tigerair Australia to end operations
- Correction: Virgin Australia continues 737-800 Melbourne – Brisbane service from Sep 2020