Introduction to Virgin Australia
Australian based domestic and international full service carrier. The carrier has a 30% share of the Australian domestic market with over 3,000 flights a week, carrying 17 million domestic passengers a year to 42 domestic destinations. International network covers 15 international destinations that includes New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Indonesia, Hong Kong and the United States with over 350 flights per week and carrying over 2.5 million international passengers a year. Tigerair Australia is its domestic low cost subsidiary.
Routes' latest update on how airlines and airports across the Asia-Pacific region are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Virgin Australia makes domestic cuts
- Virgin Australia unveils more cuts, but less affected than rivals
- Virgin Australia cancels International service 30MAR20 – 14JUN20
- Virgin Australia ends Sydney – Hong Kong service in early-March 2020
- ANA / Virgin Australia begins codeshare partnership from late-Jan 2020
- Virgin Australia 3Q20 Los Angeles frequency changes