Introduction to Virgin Australia
Australian based domestic and international full service carrier. The carrier has a 30% share of the Australian domestic market with over 3,000 flights a week, carrying 17 million domestic passengers a year to 42 domestic destinations. International network covers 15 international destinations that includes New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Indonesia, Hong Kong and the United States with over 350 flights per week and carrying over 2.5 million international passengers a year. Tigerair Australia is its domestic low cost subsidiary.
Qantas said it plans to cancel the launch of a Cairns-Tokyo route following the decision.
- Routes in Brief: Virgin Australia, Wizz Air, Saudia and more
- Virgin Australia inaugurates two more domestic services
- Routes in brief: flynas, IndiGo, Virgin Australia and more
- Qantas adds seven routes, increases widebody flying
- Australia’s Alliance to operate E190s for QantasLink
- New Zealand, Australia to open two-way travel bubble