Introduction to Virgin Australia
Australian based domestic and international full service carrier. The carrier has a 30% share of the Australian domestic market with over 3,000 flights a week, carrying 17 million domestic passengers a year to 42 domestic destinations. International network covers 15 international destinations that includes New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Indonesia, Hong Kong and the United States with over 350 flights per week and carrying over 2.5 million international passengers a year. Tigerair Australia is its domestic low cost subsidiary.
As well as further growing its domestic network with seven new routes, the oneworld alliance member is adding more Boeing 787 and Airbus A330...
- Australia’s Alliance to operate E190s for QantasLink
- New Zealand, Australia to open two-way travel bubble
- Qantas behavior ‘increasing competition’ on domestic routes
- Rex enters Sydney-Melbourne market
- Virgin Australia boosts domestic leisure flying
- Air New Zealand starts flights on third quarantine-free Australian route