Introduction to Fiji Airways
Fiji Airways Group comprises of Fiji Airways, Fiji’s National Airline, its subsidiaries Fiji Link & Pacific Call Comm Ltd, and a 38.75% stake in the Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa on Denarau Island, Nadi. In 1947, Fiji Airways was founded by famed aviator Harold Gatty, to connect the islands of Fiji.
24 years later in 1971, the airline was renamed Air Pacific to reflect a more regional airline following investment by neighbouring countries including Tonga, Nauru, Kiribati and the Solomon Islands, alongside Qantas and Air New Zealand.
In June 2013, we returned to our name of Fiji Airways to...
The carrier has extended the suspension of international flights to the end of June.
- Fiji Link to resume domestic operations
- Fiji Airways extends International service suspension to late-August 2020
- Fiji Airways extends long-haul cancellations to late-August 2020
- Fiji Airways restores additional domestic flights from late-May 2020
- Fiji Airways resumes Labasa service week of 26APR20
- Fiji Link resumes Nadi – Suva service from 18APR20