Introduction to AirAsia Group
The AirAsia Group is a multi-national airline group headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Originally founded in 1993, the group now operates a network of low-cost carrier's including AirAsia, AirAsia India, Philippines AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia and Thai AirAsia.
While AirAsia, based at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, is the core airline in the company, AirAsia Group retains significant oversight and equity holdings in the franchises it operates throughout Asia. All member airlines utilize the 'AirAsia' brand, employ identical low-cost business models and operate a...
AirAsia in November and December 2020 plans to add various domestic routes, including selected service resumptions. Planned network additions as...
- AirAsia X targeting 2021 return with medium-haul routes
- AirAsia resumes Kuching – Langkawi service from mid-Nov 2020
- AirAsia X willing to re-work network to survive
- AirAsia Japan ceases operations
- AirAsia Japan suspends service for most of October
- AirAsia sees domestic routes as key to stabilization