Introduction to AirAsia Group
The AirAsia Group is a multi-national airline group headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Originally founded in 1993, the group now operates a network of low-cost carrier's including AirAsia, AirAsia India, Philippines AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia and Thai AirAsia.
While AirAsia, based at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, is the core airline in the company, AirAsia Group retains significant oversight and equity holdings in the franchises it operates throughout Asia. All member airlines utilize the 'AirAsia' brand, employ identical low-cost business models and operate a...
The LCC is halting flights on all routes due to lower-than-expected demand.
- AirAsia sees domestic routes as key to stabilization
- AirAsia / AirAsia X removes selected routes from August 2020
- AirAsia PPE uniforms to allow route resumptions
- AirAsia set to resume domestic flights
- COVID-19: Asia-Pacific market update (w/e March 29)
- AirAsia / AirAsia X suspends Malaysia scheduled operation from 28MAR20