Introduction to Austrian Airlines
Austrian Airlines is Austria’s largest carrier and operates a global route network of approximately 120 destinations, being particularly dense in Central and Eastern Europe with 35 destinations. In 2018, Austrian has served around 14 million guests on board of its fleet.
Thanks to its favourable geographical location at the heart of Europe, the company’s hub at Vienna International Airport is the ideal gateway between East and West.
Austrian Airlines is part of the Lufthansa Group.
A weekly round-up of the latest news from the aviation industry as airlines and airports continue to recover from the COVID-19 crisis.
- Recovery Tracker: Emirates, Etihad, Austrian Airlines and more
- Ryanair taking over most Lauda routes from Vienna
- Austrian Airlines’ network to reach 50 destinations in July
- Recovery Tracker: Airlines add Iceland capacity
- Lufthansa Group airlines to restart eight UK and Ireland routes in June
- Ryanair plans base closures and says Lauda faces “existential crisis”