Introduction to Austrian Airlines
Austrian Airlines is Austria’s largest carrier and operates a global route network of approximately 120 destinations, being particularly dense in Central and Eastern Europe with 35 destinations. In 2018, Austrian has served around 14 million guests on board of its fleet.
Thanks to its favourable geographical location at the heart of Europe, the company’s hub at Vienna International Airport is the ideal gateway between East and West.
Austrian Airlines is part of the Lufthansa Group.
Ryanair Group’s Austrian subsidiary Lauda faces an “existential crisis” with its main base in Vienna expected to close before the end of the month,...
- OPINION: Aviation is being reshaped, and governments are in control
- Lufthansa cuts fleet, reduces Eurowings’ long-haul operations
- COVID-19: Europe market update (w/e April 5)
- COVID-19: LATAM, Lufthansa and Qantas reveal cuts
- Austrian Airlines slashes Europe schedule by 20% for March
- Lufthansa sets Brandenburg move date