Introduction to Finnair
Finnair is a member of Oneworld Alliance and the flag carrier of Finland. The airline, the first in Europe to fly the A350, provides the fastest connections between east and west through its Helsinki hub.
Finnair is the largest airline of Finland, with its headquarters in Vantaa on the grounds of Helsinki Airport, its hub. Finnair and its subsidiaries dominate both domestic and international air travel in Finland. Its major shareholder is the government of Finland, who owns 55.8% of the shares. Finnair is a member of the Oneworld airline alliance. In 2017, it transported about 12 million...
A weekly round-up of the latest news from the aviation industry as airlines and airports begin to recover from the COVID-19 crisis.
- COVID-19: European market update (w/e May 17)
- European carriers make substantial cuts
- Airlines take stock of Trump’s US-Europe travel restrictions
- Air Serbia adds six routes
- Airlines globally move to halt flights to China
- Finnair July/August 2020 European operations as of 31MAY20