Introduction to Qantas Airways Limited
Qantas is the national airline for Australia serving over 85 major cities (including around 45 through codeshare services) in 36 countries throughout the Asia-Pacific, the Americas, Europe and South Africa. An extensive domestic network serves over 55 destinations, supported by feeder services provided by three carriers under the QantasLink brand. Jetstar is a low cost subsidiary.
Qantas attends Routes events to discuss existing and potential Routes with airports from across the world.
CEO Alan Joyce has laid out two recovery scenarios depending on how long the lockdowns continue.
- New market pairs to emerge in Australian recovery
- Qantas reinstates Whitsundays leisure route
- Qantas ups regional jet capacity as Australia's domestic market recovers from COVID-19
- Qantas adds seven routes, increases widebody flying
- Qantas confident Australian domestic market will return to pre-COVID-19 traffic levels
- Rex to start Melbourne-Canberra flights