Introduction to Royal Jordanian Airlines
On Dec. 15, 1963, RJ was established by a Royal Decree issued by His Majesty King Hussein, as the national air carrier of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
Upon issuing the decree, King Hussein said: “I want our national carrier to be our ambassador of good will around the world and a bridge across which we exchange culture, civilization, trade, technology, friendship and better understanding with the rest of the world.”
Royal Jordanian shares started being listed on the Amman Stock Exchange in December 2007, after it privatized; Jordanians own majority shares and the company maintained...
The airline hopes to secure a foreign air carrier permit so it can begin scheduled flights in April.
- Royal Jordanian Oct 2020 operations as of 30SEP20
- PRESS RELEASE: Airline CEOs and association leaders confirmed to speak at Routes Reconnected
- Royal Jordanian cancels International service resumption in August 2020
- Royal Jordanian Aug/Sep 2020 scheduled operations as of 31JUL20
- Royal Jordanian resumes scheduled service with Aqaba flights from late-July 2020
- Royal Jordanian extends passenger service suspension to 13APR20