South African Airways is one of the leading carriers in Africa, serving 57 destinations in partnership with SA Express, Airlink and SAA’s low-cost carrier, Mango. The partnership serves the entire continent and eight intercontinental routes from its Johannesburg hub. This caters for more than half of the African Union states - to 19 destinations in 15 countries in Africa. It is a member of the largest international airline network, Star Alliance. SAA’s core business is the provision of passenger airline and cargo transport services together with related services, which are...
Routes' latest update on how airlines and airports across the Middle East and Africa are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19: Middle East and Africa market update (w/e March 22)
- Backlash follows announcement of South African Airways’ route cuts
- South African Airways shrinks network amid financial difficulties
- South African Airways Network Restructure from March 2020
- South African Airways Mauritius aircraft changes from March 2020
- South African Airways Feb 2020 Hong Kong adjustment as of 04FEB20