Introduction to South African Airways
South African Airways is one of the leading carriers in Africa, serving 57 destinations in partnership with SA Express, Airlink and SAA’s low-cost carrier, Mango. The partnership serves the entire continent and eight intercontinental routes from its Johannesburg hub. This caters for more than half of the African Union states - to 19 destinations in 15 countries in Africa. It is a member of the largest international airline network, Star Alliance. SAA’s core business is the provision of passenger airline and cargo transport services together with related services, which are...
SAA will return with an Africa-only network but hopes to fly beyond the continent as market conditions improve.
- Emirates, South Africa’s CemAir ink interline agreement
- South African regional Airlink charts independence from SAA
- Emirates partnership opens up more Southern Africa routes
- COVID-19: Middle East and Africa market update (w/e April 26)
- COVID-19: Middle East and Africa market update (w/e April 19)
- South African government turns down latest SAA appeal for funds