Introduction to Southwest Airlines
ABOUT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
In its 49th year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) continues to differentiate itself from other air carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by more than 60,000 Employees to a Customer base topping 130 million passengers annually. Southwest became the nation’s largest domestic air carrier in 2003 and maintains that ranking based on the U.S. Department of Transportation’s most recent reporting of domestic originating passengers boarded. In peak travel seasons, Southwest operates more than 4,000 weekday...
The announcement comes less than a week after the Treasury agreed to terms with five of the other largest carriers in the US.
- American Airlines takes heat for decision to book to capacity
- Recovery Tracker: the global market (w/c June 8)
- Oakland targets leisure to lead recovery
- American Airlines ends Oakland service
- Southwest gets $652 million aid tranche from US government
- North America market update