Southwest Airlines was incorporated in Texas and commenced Customer Service on June 18, 1971, with three Boeing 737 aircraft serving three Texas cities-Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Today, Southwest operates more than 600 Boeing 737 aircraft among 95 cities. Yearend results for 2014 marked Southwest's 42nd consecutive year of profitability. Southwest is the United States' most successful low fare, high-frequency, point-to-point carrier. Southwest operates more than 3,500 flights a...
US airlines are projected to carry more than 50 million passengers over the winter holiday travel period, with 91,000 additional seats per day on...
- North America's fastest-growing airlines revealed
- 737 Max fuels record Boeing deliveries
- Global air travel demand increases to 3.8 billion
- Southwest adds Indianapolis – Cancun service in March 2018
- Southwest adds Ft. Lauderdale – Aruba from March 2018
- Southwest ends 2 routes to Cuba in Sep 2017