Southwest Airlines was incorporated in Texas and commenced Customer Service on June 18, 1971, with three Boeing 737 aircraft serving three Texas cities-Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Today, Southwest operates more than 600 Boeing 737 aircraft among 95 cities. Yearend results for 2014 marked Southwest's 42nd consecutive year of profitability. Southwest is the United States' most successful low fare, high-frequency, point-to-point carrier. Southwest operates more than 3,500 flights a day, and is the largest U.S. carrier based on domestic passengers boarded, as measured by the...
This week: Gulf Air is resuming service to Milan; Southwest readies for further Hawaii expansion; and Bamboo Airways to grow its international...
- Southwest adds Houston Hobby – Cozumel service from March 2020
- Southwest Airlines expands Hawaii service in April 2020
- Southwest Airlines adds Baltimore/Washington – Providenciales service in 1H20
- US aviation community unites for TakeOff
- JetBlue president explains reasons for Mexico City withdrawal
- Southwest Airlines further expands Hawaii service in W19