Introduction to Southwest Airlines
ABOUT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
In its 50th year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Co. continues to differentiate itself from other air carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by more than 56,000 Employees to a Customer base that topped 130 million passengers in 2019. Southwest has a robust network of point-to-point service with a strong presence across top leisure and business markets. In peak travel seasons during 2019, Southwest operated more than 4,000 weekday departures among a network of 101 destinations in the United States and 10 additional countries. In...
The carrier has returned to the airport for the first time since 2005 and started five new routes.
- US airlines optimistic about rebuilding networks
- Southwest CEO: worst of the pandemic is behind airline industry
- Three more cities added to Southwest’s network
- Spirit expansion continues with Milwaukee routes
- Southwest Airlines bracing for rough going in 2021
- 50 new routes being launched in February 2021