Established in 2007 by a consortium including Tony Fernandes’ Aero Ventures and the Virgin Group, AirAsia X is a long-haul, low-cost airline based at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia. An IPO in Jul-2013 raised just over USD300 million, most of which was applied to fleet expansion. The airline provides services to destinations throughout the Asia-Pacific and Middle East, operating on routes with sector lengths of four hours or greater. The airline provides 'feeder traffic' to the AirAsia...
AirAsia X has outlined an ambition to return to the European market following the delivery of its first Airbus A330neo.
- Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up
- AirAsia X Dec 2018 Sapporo service increase
- Air New Zealand will use A321neo to boost Gold Coast capacity
- Route rundown: KUL-TSN, LIM-CLO, FLL-GYE
- Why AirAsia has its sights set on Chinese expansion
- AirAsia X resumes Tianjin service from Dec 2018