Established in 2007 by a consortium including Tony Fernandes’ Aero Ventures and the Virgin Group, AirAsia X is a long-haul, low-cost airline based at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia. An IPO in Jul-2013 raised just over USD300 million, most of which was applied to fleet expansion. The airline provides services to destinations throughout the Asia-Pacific and Middle East, operating on routes with sector lengths of four hours or greater. The airline provides 'feeder traffic' to the AirAsia Groups's collection of regional LCCs. AirAsia X operates a fleet of Airbus...
This week: New CEO at LEVEL; AirAsia X firms Airbus order; Cathay chairman to depart; Virgin Atlantic and GOL codeshare deal and more.
- World Routes 2019 meeting request system opens soon
- Paris 2019: AirAsia X plans European routes
- Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up
- AirAsia X Dec 2018 Sapporo service increase
- Air New Zealand will use A321neo to boost Gold Coast capacity
- Route rundown: KUL-TSN, LIM-CLO, FLL-GYE