Introduction to Eurowings
Eurowings GmbH is a German low-cost airline headquartered in Düsseldorf and a fully owned subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group. Founded in 1996, it began as a low-cost alternative to the country's competing major airlines. It serves a network of domestic and European destinations as well as some long-haul routes and maintains bases at Berlin Tegel Airport, Cologne Bonn Airport, Düsseldorf Airport, Hamburg Airport, and Vienna International Airport.
Eurowings has gone through a major transformation in recent years. It was part of Lufthansa Regional until October 2014. At that time it...
Ryanair Group’s Austrian subsidiary Lauda faces an “existential crisis” with its main base in Vienna expected to close before the end of the month,...
- European airlines set out network restoration plans
- Lufthansa cuts fleet, reduces Eurowings’ long-haul operations
- Lufthansa sets Brandenburg move date
- Route analysis: FRA-YYC, FCO-SCL, ONT-SEA
- Route analysis: CGN-LUZ, SSH-LGW, KUL-AMD
- Eurowings adds Dusseldorf – Thira service from May 2021