Appointment from Turkey to the European Air Transport Performance Review Commission
A significant appointment has been made to the international aviation sector from the management of Istanbul Airport, one of the most important global hubs in the world standing out with smart technologies offered to its passengers and has been selected as Europe's 5-star airport. İsmail Polat, İGA Deputy General Manager Chief Planning Officer, is elected as a member of the "Performance Review Commission", one of the Eurocontrol committees of the European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation.
- As one of the consultancy committees established in 1998 by Eurocontrol (European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation), the Performance Review Commission was established to set the targets and review, assess, monitor, and report the performances of 41 member countries independently and perspicuously.
- The Commission is also responsible for providing the implementation of the performance and target setting system among the member countries.
- İGA Airport Deputy General Manager Chief Planning Officer, Mr. İsmail Hakkı Polat, achieved significant success by being chosen as one of the 7 members of the Performance Review Commission (PRC).
- The PRC provides objective information and independent recommendations to the governing bodies of Eurocontrol on the performance of European Air Traffic Management (ATM), based on comprehensive research, data analysis, and discussions with stakeholders.
- The PRC consists of seven members who possess various attributes such as independence, capability, competence, experience, and professional reputation in the fields of air traffic management, security, or economic regulation.
- The Performance Review Commission (PRC) convenes 4 times a year and prepares Eurocontrol's performance review report and flight performance reports of 41 countries which are members of Eurocontrol.
- Together with these two reports, PRC Commission also furnishes technical notes based on the requests of member countries and publishes analyses on the issues of environment, safety, and costs regarding aviation as well.
- İGA Airport Deputy General Manager Chief Planning Officer İsmail Hakkı Polat will be serving on the PRC Commission specializing in "airport technique". Polat who will be placed in the team of 7 people responsible for 41 airports in Europe will actively contribute in publishing analyses on the issues of the air traffic after COVID-19, performance, capacity and safety.
- While reporting to the Standing Committee of Eurocontrol through the Provisional Council, it is supported by the Performance Review Unit (PRU) operating under the Eurocontrol Agency with an appropriate level of independence.
- The PRC effectively maintains the sustainability of the European Air Traffic Management System through a powerful, transparent, and independent performance review which is its primary objective.
- The PRC Commission aims to improve ATM performance with its recommendations by emphasizing the areas that require attention.
- Accordingly, the PRC analyzes and compares the cost-effectiveness and productivity of air navigation service providers (ANSPs) in the annual ATM Cost-Effectiveness (ACE) Reports with the support of the Performance Review Unit (PRU).