About The Airport
SEA Group manages the two main airports of Milan, Malpensa and Linate. Malpensa is located in Lombardy, Italy’s richest region and the third richest in Europe, where the population is over 10 million inhabitants.
The Milan catchment area is bigger and more dynamic than any other city in the country, with almost 70% of total Italian outbound traffic originating in Northern Italy.
The Milan airport system is the biggest Italian generator of origin and destination traffic: 47 million passengers in Milan area (plus another nine million within 150-minute radius). Malpensa handled 24.6 million passengers in 2018, with Linate processing 9.2 million passengers during the same period, making them the second and fifth busiest airports in Italy respectively.
Malpensa is also the busiest cargo airport in Italy, handling more than 50% of the nation’s air freight. The airport is also the sixth busiest in Europe in terms of cargo volumes.
More than 210 global destinations are served direct from the city’s airports, which are operated by 105 airline partners.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Air Italy, Lufthansa Group, Alitalia, easyJet, Ryanair
- Number of Serving Airlines: MXP: 105; LIN: 16
- Number of Direct Destinations: MXP: 210; LIN: 45
- Number of Terminals: MXP: 2; LIN: 1
- Number of Runways: MXP: 2; LIN: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): MXP: 3,920; LIN: 2,442
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): MXP: 24.6 million; LIN: 9.2 million
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): MXP: 569,000; LIN: 11,000
- Operational Opening Hours: MXP: 24h; LIN: 16h
- Total Catchment Population: 14 million residents within 120 km distance; 30 million residents within 300 km distance
- Urban Population: 1.3 million
- Aircraft Parking Stands: MXP: 194; LIN: 42