Introduction to Bologna Airport (BLQ)
Bologna Airport had 9.4 million passengers in 2019.
BLQ is located in one of the most advanced regions with nearly the highest social/economic standards in Italy.
BLQ is in the real centre of the railway & highway system in Italy. A general welfare due to very high family revenue and the highest standards of life in Italy (unemployment rate, is one of lowest in Italy). The highest concentration of medium size companies in Italy which drive the local economic develompemnt and the export. It is close to the major Italian leisure destinations (Venice, Florence, Milan, Rimini).
Eighteen new routes are being launched from the city as low-cost operators continue to fight for market share on Italian routes.
- Emirates to resume Venice flights as Italy eases restrictions
- Ryanair plans new Greek bases
- Volotea to open Olbia base, easyJet and Wizz respond
- Sicilian competition to heat up as Wizz, Ryanair expand
- Volotea adds more leisure routes from Bologna
- Ryanair resumes Oradea service from Dec 2020