Introduction to Denver International Airport
On Feb. 28, 1995, Denver International Airport (DEN) opened to the public and captured the world’s attention with its striking tented roof structure and technologically advanced operations. Over the last two decades, DEN has emerged as the primary economic engine for the city and state, and today generates an economic benefit of more than $26.3 billion annually to Colorado and supports nearly 190,000 jobs. DEN ranks as the 6th-busiest airport in the United States and the 19th-busiest airport in the world.
DEN is served by 22 commercial airlines which provide nearly 1,500 daily flights...
Routes' latest update on how airlines and airports across North America are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19: North America market update (w/e May 10)
- JetBlue, Spirit get US government waivers on host of routes
- COVID-19: North America market update (w/e May 3)
- Spirit asks DOT again for service exemptions
- COVID-19: North America market update (w/e April 19)
- Canadian airlines react to border closure with significant cuts