About The Airport
What makes Hamburg so attractive?
- Hamburg is Germany's 2nd largest city - with a population of approx. 1.8 million three times the size of Frankfurt!
- With 5 million people in the metropolitan area Europe's largest non-capital city
- Hamburg is Germany's wealthiest city (Hamburg's GDP per capita ranks 4th in Europe after inner London, Luxembourg and Brussels) and has Germany's best economic outlook
- Hamburg is an attraction for tourist (14.5 million overnight stays per year, Europe's fastest-growing tourism destination over the last 10 years) and Germany's no. 1 cruise port with booming figures
- Total pax at HAM 2018: 17.2 million.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Eurowings, Lufthansa, Ryanair, Condor, easyJet
- Number of Serving Airlines: 65
- Number of Direct Destinations: 130
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,666
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 17230000
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): Capacity of 150,000 tonnes, average 250,000 tonnes a year
- Ownership: City of Hamburg (51%) AviAlliance (49%)
- Urban Population: 1.8m
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 54