About The Airport
n 2019, Katowice Airport handled a record-breaking number of 4 843 889 passengers; the result is better by 5 740 in comparison to 2018. Aircrafts performed 41 606 approach and landing operations, the most the airport ever handled in its history. The biggest increase in the number of passengers travelling from or to Katowice Airport occured during the fourth quarter of 2019. From October to December, the airport handled 928 147 travellers, i.e. 67 890 more than last year during the same time period.
Charter traffic - the area in which Katowice Airport excels amongst Polish airports - was record-breaking. For the first time ever, the airport handled two million passengers: 2 006 326, i.e. 32 091 more than in 2018.
2 813 783 passengers travelled on a regular route, i.e. 31 221 less than in 2018.
Katowice Airport main assets are:
Catchment area of 13 million people
Located in a region with the most highly developed industry - over 429 000 companies are registered in the region
Extremely well-developed road and rail network surrounding the airport
4,8 million passengers handled in 2018
130 regularly-scheduled and charter destinations
There are 6 European capital in a radius of 600 km of KTW: Warsaw, Prague, Berlin, Bratislava, Budapest, Vienna
Operational 24/7 without any curfews or restrictions
New apron (110 000 m²)
Two maintenance hangars
- Huge touristic and economic potential of Silesia and Małopolska regions
- The Katowice Special Economic Zone is a leader among Polish special economic zones. Over 390 business entities are currently operating in the zone. So far, they have invested approximately PLN 36 billion and created more than 80,000 new jobs here.
- The best economic zone in Europe 2015-2017 according to the FDI Business Financial ranking.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: LO,LH,W6,FR,
- Number of Serving Airlines: 28
- Number of Direct Destinations: 51 regular, 64 charters
- Number of Terminals: 3
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): RWY 09/27, 3200×45 m, PCN 70
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 2019: 4 843 889
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 2019: 20 121
- Operational Opening Hours: 24
- Total Catchment Population: 13 mln
- Urban Population: 5.5 mln
- Aircraft Parking Stands: max 38