About The Airport
In terms of overall passengers numbers, both in regularly-scheduled and charter services, 2018 was the most successful year in Katowice Airport’s history. Katowice has serviced in total 4 838 149 passengers in whole year with growth of 24% per annum. In 2018 KTW has launched 10 new scheduled routes: Athens, Porto, Faro, Kharkiv, Lviv, Malaga, Podgorica, Memmingen. We are the firt airport in Poland interms of charter traffic with ober 74 charter summer destinationsin Mediterranean Sea.
Katowice Airport is a dynamically developing airport handling over 4 million passengers a year, with over 40 000 aircraft operations annually to 131 destinations spanning Europe, Asia, America and Africa.
Katowice Airport main assets are:
Catchment area of 13 million people
Located in a region with the most highly developed industry - over 429 000 companies are registered in the region
Extremely well-developed road and rail network surrounding the airport
4,8 million passengers handled in 2018
130 regularly-scheduled and charter destinations
There are 6 European capital in a radius of 600 km of KTW: Warsaw, Prague, Berlin, Bratislava, Budapest, Vienna
Operational 24/7 without any curfews or restrictions
New apron (110 000 m²)
Two maintenance hangars
- Huge touristic and economic potential of Silesia and Małopolska regions
- The Katowice Special Economic Zone is a leader among Polish special economic zones. Over 390 business entities are currently operating in the zone. So far, they have invested approximately PLN 36 billion and created more than 80,000 new jobs here.
- The best economic zone in Europe 2015-2017 according to the FDI Business Financial ranking.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: LO,LH,W6,FR, HV
- Number of Serving Airlines: 28
- Number of Direct Destinations: 51 regular, 64 charters
- Number of Terminals: 3
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3200m x 45m wide, PCN 70
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 2019: 4,843,889
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 2018: 13 663 176
- Operational Opening Hours: 24
- Total Catchment Population: 13 mln
- Urban Population: 5.5 mln
- Aircraft Parking Stands: max 38