Introduction to Lyon Airport
7 things you should remember about Lyon Airport, part of the VINCI Airports group :
- 11,7 million passengers in 2019 (+6.4% Y/Y), ie +35% growth since 2015
- Air France, easyJet, Transavia & Volotea base
- #1 cargo airport in France after Paris since LYS is the gateway airport of the 1st manufacturing region in France
- A gateway to the #1 ski area in the world
- # 5 in Europe in terms of GDP & population – LYS is as large as Ireland, as rich as Finland, as populated as Switzerland
- Strongest catchment area in France after Paris with balanced demand between leisure, VFR & business
- Voted Best Airport in 2019 by...
Transavia France is set to be the only operator of nonstop service between Lyon and Stockholm this winter.
- ASL Airlines France to resume Algeria service
- Route Opportunity: Birmingham-Lyon
- Lyon-Guadeloupe with Corsair from December 2021!
- Fast connecting flights to Mauritius from Lyon
- Volotea plots capacity growth, signs Aegean codeshare
- Royal Air Maroc to launch 11 European routes