About The Airport
Lyon Airport, part of the VINCI Airports group, is the 2nd French regional airport.
- 11,7 million passengers in 2019 (+6.4% Y/Y)
- +35% growth since 2015
- More than 130 destinations (8 new routes in 2019)
- A brand new terminal, with 70,000 square meters
- Air France, easyJet, Transavia & Volotea base
- #2 French Region in terms of economic attractiveness
- As large as Ireland, as rich as Finland, as populated as Switzerland
- 12 million catchment area
With nearly 68% international traffic, Lyon Airport, part of the VINCI Airports group, has firmly established itself as an international airport and has confirmed its position as a major entry point to European hub for commercial airlines, charter planes, low-cost carriers and business jets.
About VINCI Airports:
VINCI Airports, a top 4 global player in the international airport sector, manages the development and operations of 46 airports in 12 countries (France, UK, USA, Portugal, Cambodia, Japan, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Chili, Costa Rica, Sweden, Serbia).
Served by more than 250 airlines, VINCI Airports’ network handled more than 255 million passengers in 2019.
Through its expertise as a comprehensive integrator and the professionalism of its 14,500 employees, VINCI Airports develops, finances, builds and operates airports, leveraging its investment capability, international network and know-how, to optimize management and performance of existing airport infrastructure, facility extensions and new construction
Additional information is available at www.vinci-airports.com
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: easyJet, Air France/KLM, Transavia, Lufthansa, Air Algérie
- Number of Serving Airlines: 50
- Number of Direct Destinations: 130
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 4,000m & 2 670 m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 11.7 million passengers
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 51,629 tons (+22,7%)
- Ownership: Aéroports de Lyon SA
- Operational Opening Hours: 24h
- Total Catchment Population: 12 Million
- Urban Population: 2.6 Million Greater Lyon Area
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 53 gates directly connected to terminals (including 22 jet bridges) / 30 remote gates