Introduction to Kansas City International Airport
Opened in 1972, Kansas City International Airport's innovative "drive-to-gate" design minimizes the distance from curb to aircraft, making it optimal for passengers and airlines. All three terminals recently underwent a top-to-bottom overhaul that yielded a new look and also much-improved amenities for passengers and airlines alike.
KCI not only draws from a local market base, but the low air fares and variety of carriers bring travelers from markets 200 miles away and beyond. This demand yields more than 11 million passengers per year. Low airport fees yield an industry-low cost...
The Texas-based carrier will add 10 domestic routes and four international routes from the state's capital.
- Spirit Airlines to add four Kansas City-Florida routes in June
- American, JetBlue forge ahead with partnership despite critics
- St. Louis and Pensacola secure new Spirit routes
- Volaris schedules new US charters in S20
- Delta expands A220-100 network in 2020
- Southwest schedules new seasonal routes from June 2020