Sofia is the capital airport of Bulgaria connected by year-round direct routes with the leading European cities and intercontinental hubs as well as destinations in the Middle East. Sofia Airport is the leading international airport in Bulgaria, the only one with developed network of routes to 83 destinations - 26 of them with daily frequencies. This expands Sofia Airport's catchment area to about 16 million population. The vibrant city center is just 12 km away from...
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Bulgaria Air (FB), Wizz Air (W6), Ryanair (FR), Lufthansa (LH), Austrian Airlines (OS)
- Number of Serving Airlines: 37
- Number of Direct Destinations: 83
- Number of Terminals: 2
Ukraine International Airlines in recent schedule update filed service expansion for summer 2019 season, including the addition of 3 destinations,...
- TUI Airways UK outlines 737 MAX 8 operations from Dec 2018
- Wizz Air expands Eilat/Ovda network from Nov 2018
- Qatar Airways expands Eastern Europe capacity in W18
- easyJet schedules new routes from the UK in W18
- Turkish Airlines outlines S19 Europe service increase as of 06JUL18
- Ryanair expands Edinburgh network in W18