About The Airport
Aalborg Airport is third largest and the fastest-growing airport in Denmark – we service the market from central Jutland northwards which covers approximately 2.5 million passengers. We are looked upon as the natural gateway due to our easy access by car and soon by national train. With our free car parking we even attract passengers from southern Denmark and the southern part of Norway due to our location and services.
Aalborg is an international city and more global companies are settling here due to the benefits of the region and the route network Aalborg Airport has. One of the biggest organisations in Aalborg city is the University, with over 25 per cent foreign employees and students from all over the world.
The region is home to many different industries, including food, wind/offshore/oil sector, engineering, IT, fashion and tourism. The northern part of Denmark offers more attractions than the rest of Denmark and with its infrastructure everything is within reach in 30 minutes. The region attracts people from all over the world due to its food, culture, beaches, history and nature.
The airport is focussed on looking at partnerships and developing the business together for the benefit of all parties. Our region is very loyal towards our product and supports all the initiatives we do. The tour operators have a strong customer base which allows them to give a strong commitment to the airlines to ensure the network routes are suitable for the airlines. We are focussed on passengers and develop the airport with all the newest high-tech equipment.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: SAS, Norwegian, KLM, Danish Air Transport, SunExpress
- Number of Serving Airlines: +50
- Number of Direct Destinations: 35
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2650
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 1,5 mio.
- Ownership: 6 municipalities (Aalborg, Jammerbugt, Rebild, Brønderslev, Fredriskhavn & Vesthimmerland)
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 2.5 mio.
- Urban Population: 215.000