Introduction to Bhubaneswar Airport
Bhubaneswar is the Capital city of the State of Orissa, one of the largest states in eastern India. Bhubaneswar is also popularly known as the “Temple City of India; and, being the seat of Tribhubaneswar of ‘Lord Lingaraj”, the city is an important Hindu pilgrimage center. Hundreds of temples dot the landscape of the Old Town, which once boasted of more than 7,000 temples.
Once the capital of ancient Kalinga, the city has a long history and is today a bustling center for commerce and religious activity. Bhubaneswar became the modern capital of the state of Orissa in 1948, a year after India...
Seven new routes are being launched under a government scheme which seeks to enhance connectivity to remote and regional areas.
- IndiGo, SpiceJet ramp up domestic connectivity
- Thai AirAsia launches new routes to India in Dec 2018
- AirAsia India adds Bhubaneswar – Hyderabad link in Dec 2017
- Air India adds new Bhubaneswar flights from Dec 2017
- AirAsia India new routes launch in August 2017
- Air India schedules additional Bhubanewar routes from June 2017