Introduction to Baltimore/Washington International Airport
Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) is the gateway to the U.S. Capital Region. BWI is the busiest airport in the region serving a record breaking 26.3 million passengers in 2017. BWI is located just 9 miles south of downtown Baltimore and 32 miles northeast of Washington, D.C. As a major transportation hub, BWI is the only airport in the region with a rail station allowing convenient connections to Washington, D.C. in just 26 minutes.
Routes profiles Air Senegal, the World Routes 2021 attendee that has just revised the launch plans for its inaugural route to the US.
- Icelandair set for Baltimore-Washington return
- Southwest Airlines to restart Costa Rica flights in June
- Three more cities added to Southwest’s network
- Allegiant Air grows with three new cities and 13 routes
- United, Southwest becoming direct competitors at O'Hare & IAH
- Southwest Airlines outlines Miami / Palm Springs network from Nov 2020