Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) is the gateway to the U.S. Capital Region. BWI is the busiest airport in the region serving a record breaking 26.3 million passengers in 2017. BWI is located just 9 miles south of downtown Baltimore and 32 miles northeast of Washington, D.C. As a major transportation hub, BWI is the only airport in the region with a rail station allowing convenient connections to Washington, D.C. in just 26 minutes.
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Southwest, Spirit, Delta, American, United
- Number of Direct Destinations: 91 nonstop destinations
- Number of Terminals: 1 terminal, 5 concourses
- Number of Runways: 3
Spirit Airlines yesterday (12FEB19) announced service launch at Charlotte , on board Airbus A320 aircraft. The airline plans to operate 4 routes...
- Spirit Airlines expands Raleigh/Durham network in May 2019
- WOW air S19 operations as of 14JAN19
- Frontier Airlines schedules new routes in April/May 2019
- Icelandair ends Baltimore/Washington service in early-Jan 2019
- American schedules additional domestic routes in May 2019
- Frontier Airlines schedules new Denver routes in March 2019