Introduction to Catania Airport
Catania Fontanarossa Airport serves a wide catchment area with a total population of more than 3 million in the 7 provinces of central and eastern Sicily. In the last 10 years the growth rate for Catania Airport has been well above average. Catania Airport is the 5th busiest italian airport. In 2016 the number of passengers was 7.914.117 (+11,4%).
Hungarian carrier Wizz Air is already planning to expand its first Russian base before it even opens.
- Volotea opens sixth base in Italy
- Alitalia plans big route boost in June
- Ryanair extends various Ukraine – Italy routes into W20
- Wizz Air further expands St. Petersburg network in 2020/21
- Wizz Air launches Bacau base in W20
- Wizz Air further expands new routes launch in S20