Introduction to Hainan Meilan International Airport
Hainan Meilan International Airport (HMIA) is located in the Southeast of Haikou, the Capital city of Hainan Province.
As a trunk-line of domestic airport, HMIA is covering an area of 583 hectares. The flight areas facilities meet the 4E standards as required by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and is designed to service the landing requirement of large aircrafts, such as: Boeing 747-400. The terminal cover an area of 102,000 M² and have the capacity to serve 9.3 million passengers, as well as 135 thousand tons of cargo &mail at present.
Since Hainan Province was...
Growth on the agenda as airports and government seek to make the Hainan province a global leisure destination.
- tigerair S16 Frequency Increases
- Capital Airlines Expands Nanchang – Osaka Flights in W15
- Hainan Airlines Adds Haikou – Macau Service in Sep/Oct 2015
- Sichuan Airlines Adds New China – Thailand Routes in July/August 2015
- Hainan Airlines Extends Boeing 787 Seattle Service to mid-May 2015
- Fuzhou Airlines Adds New Domestic Routes in Nov 2014