Introduction to Niigata Airport
Niigata Airport (KIJ) has 8 domestic regular flights and 4 international flights, passengers over 1 million last year. KIJ is the second largest airport in terms of the number of routes in North East (Tohoku) area in Japan, apparently it serves one of the most important hub airports on the Sea of Japan Coast.
KIJ is in a very accessible and convenient location, only 25 minutes away from JR Niigata Station by limousine bus and 10 minutes away from the nearest highway interchange. Also there are several direct bus routes to the hot-spring area to attract more tourists. In addition to the regional...
IBEX Airlines in winter 2020/21 season is adjusting operations, as the airline introduces 2 new routes, while cancels 6 routes during winter...
- tigerair Taiwan adds Niigata service from late-March 2020
- Cathay Dragon adds seasonal Niigata service in W19
- Korean Air W18 Japan service adjustments
- Korean Air Japan W17 frequency increases
- Peach adds Osaka – Niigata service in March 2018
- Far Eastern adds Niigata service from Nov 2016