About The Airport
London Southend Airport has been ranked 'London's best airport' five years running by Which? (The Consumer's Association), and three times 'UK's best airport' (under 3MPPA) by The Airport Operator's Association.
The airport provides a cost effective opportunity in the London market with a projected maximum capacity of over 15 million passengers long term. The airport currently has no slot restrictions as well as shorter block times than all other London airports. The resident catchment is 8.2M, with additional visiitor traffic to London, easily accessible with direct rail access into central London (Liverpool Street and Stratford).
The airfield has been transformed with a new terminal building, new train station, new air traffic control tower and radar, a 300m runway extension, a 4-star Holiday Inn and extended car parking.
London Southend Airport was the fastest growing airport in the UK over the two year period prior to the pandemic and expects a faster than average return to growth from 2022 due to the low cost structure
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Flybe, easyJet, TUI, Powdair
- Number of Serving Airlines: 4
- Number of Direct Destinations: 32
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 1856
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 1
- Ownership: Stobart Group
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 8,200,000
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 21 code C