Introduction to London Southend Airport
London Southend Airport has been ranked 'London's best airport' five years running by Which? (The Consumer's Association), and three times 'UK's best airport' (under 3MPPA) by The Airport Operator's Association.
The airport provides a cost effective opportunity in the London market with a projected maximum capacity of over 15 million passengers long term. The airport currently has no slot restrictions as well as shorter block times than all other London airports. The resident catchment is 8.2M, with additional visiitor traffic to London, easily accessible with direct rail access...
The airport has a 'compelling' business case that is giving it the confidence to draw up future investment plans, CEO Glyn Jones says.
- London Southend owner ‘agnostic’ over Ryanair base closure
- IAG carriers begin temporary schedule on seven Stobart Air routes
- FlyOne confirms London launch
- Route Analysis: London Stansted-Santorini
- EasyJet cuts capacity to 25%, plans two seasonal bases
- Route Analysis: LHR-ISB, MCY-ADL, BGO-SEN