Madurai, located on banks of river Vaigai, is one of the oldest cities of India, with a history dating all the way back to the Sangam period of the Pre Christian era. Madurai apparently named for the nectar that flowed from Shiva’s hair as a blessing for the new city (Madhuram is the Tamil word for sweetness) was built by the Pandyan king Kulasekara. It was the capital of a kingdom that ruled much of South India during the 4th Century B.C and that conducted trade as far as...
- Number of Serving Airlines: 7 parking bays which can accommodate C Type aircraft
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of main runway (m): 2285 x 45 M
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 4,17,644 (2010-11)
SriLankan Airlines in winter 2016/17 season is taking over Mihin Lanka’s operation, as all service will be operating under SriLankan’s...
- Air Carnival commences scheduled operations from July 2016
- Mihin Lanka S15 Service Expansions
- SpiceJet May – July 2014 Dubai Operation Changes
- SpiceJet Adds Madurai - Dubai Service from Nov 2013
- Mihin Lanka Increases Colombo – Madurai Service from June 2013