Introduction to Madurai Airport
Madurai, located on banks of river Vaigai, is one of the oldest cities of India, with a history dating all the way back to the Sangam period of the Pre Christian era. Madurai apparently named for the nectar that flowed from Shiva’s hair as a blessing for the new city (Madhuram is the Tamil word for sweetness) was built by the Pandyan king Kulasekara. It was the capital of a kingdom that ruled much of South India during the 4th Century B.C and that conducted trade as far as Greece and Rome. Madurai also became a centre for the great festivals of poetry and writing- the Tamil Sangams that were being...
Routes selects 50 new air services set to start around the world in January 2022, looking at the planned frequency, start date and aircraft to be...
- More domestic additions for SpiceJet, UDAN 4.1 opens for bids
- Air India Express expands Tiruchirapalli network in S20
- Air India Express increases Madurai – Singapore service from late-March 2018
- Air India Express adds Delhi – Madurai service from Sep 2017
- Air India Express adds Madurai – Singapore from Sep 2017
- SriLankan Airlines replaces Mihin Lanka operation from late-Oct 2016