Madurai, located on banks of river Vaigai, is one of the oldest cities of India, with a history dating all the way back to the Sangam period of the Pre Christian era. Madurai apparently named for the nectar that flowed from Shiva’s hair as a blessing for the new city (Madhuram is the Tamil word for sweetness) was built by the Pandyan king Kulasekara. It was the capital of a kingdom that ruled much of South India during the 4th Century B.C and that conducted trade as far as Greece and Rome. Madurai also became a centre for the great festivals of poetry and writing- the Tamil Sangams that were being...
Air India Express at the launch of summer 2018 season plans to increase Madurai – Singapore service, currently served 4 times a week. From...
- Air India Express adds Delhi – Madurai service from Sep 2017
- Air India Express adds Madurai – Singapore from Sep 2017
- SriLankan Airlines replaces Mihin Lanka operation from late-Oct 2016
- Air Carnival commences scheduled operations from July 2016
- Mihin Lanka S15 Service Expansions
- SpiceJet May – July 2014 Dubai Operation Changes