Madurai, located on banks of river Vaigai, is one of the oldest cities of India, with a history dating all the way back to the Sangam period of the Pre Christian era. Madurai apparently named for the nectar that flowed from Shiva’s hair as a blessing for the new city (Madhuram is the Tamil word for sweetness) was built by the Pandyan king Kulasekara. It was the capital of a kingdom that ruled much of South India during the 4th Century B.C and that conducted trade as far as Greece and Rome. ...
Air India Express at the launch of summer 2018 season plans to increase Madurai – Singapore service, currently served 4 times a week. From...
- Air India Express adds Delhi – Madurai service from Sep 2017
- Air India Express adds Madurai – Singapore from Sep 2017
- SriLankan Airlines replaces Mihin Lanka operation from late-Oct 2016
- Air Carnival commences scheduled operations from July 2016
- Mihin Lanka S15 Service Expansions
- SpiceJet May – July 2014 Dubai Operation Changes