Introduction to Madurai Airport
Madurai, located on banks of river Vaigai, is one of the oldest cities of India, with a history dating all the way back to the Sangam period of the Pre Christian era. Madurai apparently named for the nectar that flowed from Shiva’s hair as a blessing for the new city (Madhuram is the Tamil word for sweetness) was built by the Pandyan king Kulasekara. It was the capital of a kingdom that ruled much of South India during the 4th Century B.C and that conducted trade as far as Greece and Rome. Madurai also became a centre for the great festivals of poetry and writing- the Tamil Sangams that were being...
Air India Express in summer 2020 season is expanding service at Tiruchirapalli , including the addition of 3 routes. Planned operation as...
- Air India Express increases Madurai – Singapore service from late-March 2018
- Air India Express adds Delhi – Madurai service from Sep 2017
- Air India Express adds Madurai – Singapore from Sep 2017
- SriLankan Airlines replaces Mihin Lanka operation from late-Oct 2016
- Air Carnival commences scheduled operations from July 2016
- Mihin Lanka S15 Service Expansions