Introduction to Scoot
Scoot Tigerair Pte. Ltd., trading as Scoot, is a low-cost long-haul subsidiary airline of Singapore Airlines (SIA), via Tiger Airways Holding. Established by Singapore Airlines in 2011, Scoot commenced operations in Jun-2012 to Sydney and Gold Coast. SIA utilised Scoot to leverage the rising challenge from LCCs in key markets. Scoot initially launched operations with four Boeing 777-200s in a two-class configuration and later switched its fleet to over 15 787-8/9 aircraft, all sourced through parent SIA. Tiger Airways Holdings became a subsidiary of the Singapore Airlines Group in...
The Singapore Airlines subsidiary is also using 787s for cargo flights as the COVID-19 pandemic has forced passenger aircraft out of service.
- NokScoot becomes victim of COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19: Asia-Pacific market update (w/e March 29)
- COVID-19: Asia-Pacific market update (w/e March 22)
- Airlines globally move to halt flights to China
- Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up
- How international airlines use WeChat to market to China