Lion Air was legally established on 15 November 1999 and began operating the first time on June 30, 2000 by flying from Jakarta to Pontianak using aircraft type Boeing 737-200 which at that time only 2 units.
Headquartered in Lion Air Tower, Jl. Gajah Mada No. 7 in the area of Central Jakarta, PT. Lion Mentari Airlines, or commonly known as Lion Air is the low-cost airlines or (Low Cost Carrier) with motto "We Make People Fly". Through this, Lion Air were trying to convince everyone that...
Indonesian carrier Lion Air in late-July 2019 launched scheduled charter service on Manado – Nanjing route, initially operates every 4-5...
- Lion Air adds Denpasar – Tianjin service from mid-July 2018
- Lion Air adds new scheduled charter routes to China in late-March 2018
- Over 80 airlines now registered for Routes Asia
- Over 60 airlines now registered for Routes Asia
- Lion Air adds Korea charters from Batam in Jan 2018
- 737 Max fuels record Boeing deliveries