About The Airline
Established as Japan's first scheduled airline in 1951, JAL has contributed to cultural exchanges between Japan and other countries and supported the Japanese economy as "Wings of Japan". As a full-service network carrier, JAL Group will provide its customers safety in flight operations and unparalleled services, while rapidly improving our route network utilizing the new Boeing 787 aircrafts.
Japan Airlines is the flag carrier of Japan and has been a member of the Oneworld alliance since 2007. JAL has major hubs at Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and Okinawa, and operates almost 900 daily flights to more than 70 destinations across 20 countries. Japan Airlines recently raised $8.5 bn from a stock offering (IPO).
- Traffic Results
- Domestic; 34 million passengers
- International; 8.6 million passengers
- Number of JAL Group Destinations
- Domestic Routes; 126
- International Routes; 54
- Number of JAL Group Destinations (including code-sharing)
- Domestic Routes; 142
- International Routes; 571
- Number of countries/regions and destinations served by the JAL Group (including code-share flights)
- Countries/Regions we fly to; 52countries/regions
- Airports; 349 (including airports in Japan)